The Most Trusted Piano Movers in Perth- PR Removals
Your piano is a treasured musical instrument in your house used both for its beautiful playing abilities and for its charm as a centrepiece. When shifting, the rest of your stuff can be carefully packaged and transported on your own or with the help of a moving company, but your piano requires the care of a specialist. A piano is one of the heaviest pieces of equipment that is hard to move. Moving a piano from one place to another requires good planning as well as hard work. While moving a piano you might hurt yourself and another person and also damage the piano too. As we all know that pianos are large, heavy, valuable, and expensive instruments they are difficult to move. If you are planning for a long-distance or a short distance. Moving a piano is not an easy task as the piano is a delicate instrument. Pianos can be easily damaged, if not moved with proper care.
If you are planning to move your grand piano, upright piano, or electric piano, PR Removals can help you with that hectic process. Our Piano Movers in Perth ensure that we bring the right tools and equipment. Once the piano has reached the delivery location. We offer experienced movers who know how to handle or move a piano from one location to another. Your piano will be perfectly secure with the help of the PR Removals| Piano Movers Perth experts’ team. Moreover, we provide competitive prices for our customers as they can easily avail them. We used the best quality packing materials for your musical instrument during relocation. Our professionals know all the small roots so there is no chance for a delay in the moving process.
Local Piano Movers Perth
If you want to move your piano to a local or short-distance. No problem, we can help you move from one place to another. Our staff understands that it is very tricky to lift heavy or bulky pianos on your own. Therefore, it’s better to hire professionals like us Piano Movers Perth| PR Removals company. Our teams are familiar with each state and territory in Perth and are capable of movers.
Interstate Piano Movers Perth
If you are planning to move your piano across the country, PR Removals can help you to move your upright piano, grand piano, or electric piano safely. We have expert piano movers in Perth from PR Removals who we trust to undertake our services for our clients. We are familiar with each place or roots and understand various rules and regulations.
Our piano removals services include
- Upright piano removals
Usually, 2-3 staff members are required for this job. We will remove any loose or delicate parts of the piano before loading it onto the specialist piano truck for moving
- Baby grand piano removals
Our Piano Movers Perth members will carefully remove the loose parts on the piano, remove its front leg and manoeuvre it onto the piano slippers. Then also remove the remaining parts such as legs and load the piano and slipper together on a specialist piano truck.
- Grand piano removals
This process follows the same procedure as the removal of a baby grand piano, used by our expert staff with the help of specialist piano removal equipment.
Do not try to move your piano yourself, it’s better to hire others for this task. Our professional removalists have undergone special training and equipment, including stair climbers to safely move your piano up and down the steps without the risk of taking your piano down. Inexperienced companies may offer a cheap quote but it is likely to be a faulty economy if your equipment gets damaged during the move.
Mostly, some inexperienced companies may use bad quality equipment during the move and your instrument becomes damaged. Therefore, it’s better to hire an experienced company whether it charges a little bit more but provide safety to your instruments just like Piano Movers Perth |PR Removals company.
Here are some Steps to Pack a Piano During Moving
Moving a piano is not an easy task as it includes many components or parts. The Piano is one of the most delicate musical instruments that are more expensive than any other musical instrument. They are normally over-sized, this is the reason, they require some extra care and attention while moving. Hence, packing is really necessary as it protects complex parts of the instrument.
It should be professionally dismantled and then wrapped, padded and sealed properly to secure safe transport to your new place. If you hire us our experts moving staff take extra measures to ensure that your piano is treated with the utmost care.
1.First Step to Moving a Piano
First of all, we take out its wrap and pack the piano lid separately. The lid is placed on a thick, padded blanket and placed side by side as we focus on wrapping and sealing the piano cover.
- Protect the Keyboard
During a move we lock the keyboard lid, this will prevent it from opening. The keys are delicate and need to be secured. When you wrap the piano always make sure that the lid is closed. If the keyboard lid does not lock, it creates trouble while moving. And most importantly don’t use tape to keep the lid closed as this will damage the wood surface.
- Wrapping the Piano Cover
With a blanket or padding, wrap the piano. Make sure that the corners are secured and blankets are protected with packing tape. Place the tape in contact with the piano surface.
Moreover, the blanket or padding is so thick that it can secure the piano from any bumps.
- Lifting the Piano
We lifted your piano from one position to another and safely loaded it onto the moving truck. You must consider not to lift the piano by its legs. The legs are extremely fragile. Also, ensure that it is in an upright position, placed in an easily-accessible location.
- Secure the piano in a moving truck
To secure the piano to the moving truck or van, use heavy-duty straps or ropes that can easily hold the weight of the instrument during transit. Remember to place the piano on the back of the truck next to the wall. The piano must be secured so tightly that it does not move at all. If there is any movement arising while moving, your piano might get a risk about delicate internal mechanisms (such as the strings and hammers). During transporting this preventive measure reduced the risk of damage.
Here are some key factors that Complicate a Piano Move
Whether you decide to move a piano yourself or by hiring pros, some factors can bring a headache even to the most professional staff So, here’s what kind of difficulties you and your movers should know when relocating your heavy items from your house to the moving truck or van:
- Access point
Most of the time people prefer to handle themselves without hiring anyone. Although, large items such as piano might have to pass through large access points, such as French doors, sliding doors, or balcony doors. Moving a piano on your own can cause a lot of injuries to you or your item. Therefore, it is better to hire piano movers as they use a crane or lift to move the piano to a new place.
Probably the most stressful factor in the difficulty of piano moving is the number of stairs in your home. While passing pianos from staircases would be difficult to navigate with pianos that many moving companies charge an extra fee if the instrument travels more than one floor up or down. If your stairs are narrow, there is an ornate bannister or curve, these characteristics can make the task more complex. This is the main reason why people choose experts who use weightlifting straps, skip board, and dolly with knowledge and experience.
- Thin Hallways and Narrow Doorways
Due to its unwieldy feature, it increases the possibility of property damage and injury, especially when paired with homes that are complex to navigate. If your home has a narrow door or gates, low ceiling, or thin hallway, your movers may need to partially or completely disassemble the piano to get the instrument out from the current address.
When you are preparing for a piano move, remove all unnecessary items such as overhanging light fixtures, decorative hardware and other architectural items that may stand in the way of the moving team. If you may not remove all these unnecessary objects it creates chaos while moving.
- Long Distance
Instruments face such specific transport challenges, with distance being an important factor for long-distances during the entire moving process. The distance between your current place and your future place can affect the cost of piano moving.
These instruments must be properly secured and padded during shifting. There are so many things that can go wrong while shifting without proper preparation. And since your cherished instrument is travelling a long distance, it’s doubly risky. However, Piano Movers Perth can put all your worries to rest. Enjoy safe transport and impeccable handling.
- Seasonal Weather
As a piano owner, you must know that your piano is susceptible to changes in temperature and humidity. Therefore, you may not realize how much these factors can make a move complex.
If possible, move during a temperate climate when your piano is less likely to encounter high temperatures and humidity levels enroute. Inquire about climate-controlled transportation and make sure that any storage takes place in a unit with both temperature and humidity control.
Here are some reasons why you need specialist Piano Movers when transporting and storing your piano.
With the right expert to take care of your large, delicate device, you have peace of mind that your possession is in careful hands.
- Piano is Heavy
Most of the time it is very difficult to take care of the piano as it is quite heavy or bulky. Moving the piano alone could be more dangerous. There are numerous types of piano available. Therefore, only a professional piano mover is the one who could handle it and move it to a secure location just like Piano Movers Perth.
- Instrument Size
It is also difficult to carry a piano due to its size or shape. These devices often weigh more than any other furniture in the house. Our movers use special equipment – dollies, stabilizing straps, and floor covers, in order to lift these instruments properly and safely while lifting.
- Right equipment
Another important reason to use a specialist is that the piano movers are experts and they have the right type of equipment for the job which includes ramps to help deal with dollies, skid and stairs, to allow the piano to be lifted and moved around without damaging it.
- Special care for piano movers
With the help of professionals’ piano movers, the experts will help you move out with proper attention and care as you go across the stairs and exit the building. As it is heavy, They will easily deliver your piano to its exact location.
- Proper Functioning
The expert’s movers will help you understand the structure and functioning of the piano well. This makes it easier for you to decide what exactly to do when you shift the piano from one place to another. These piano movers are skilled and they help you move your piano to its exact location easily and at affordable rates. Therefore, it is better to hire experts like PR Removals| Piano Movers Perth.
- Experience with a tricky job
First of all, when choosing a piano removal company, it is obvious to consider an experienced company. If they are experienced with this tricky job. Your move will become easy and smooth as they know how to move your piano to a new destination safely and securely.
What is the necessary equipment used for Moving Piano?
When you are deciding on movers or needed help, ask them what equipment they will use to move the piano. This will help you decide among many moving companies. Here is some equipment is given below that must be considered while moving a piano: –
- Furniture blankets: – For any big move, furniture blankets, durable blankets specifically made to be strapped must be required around furniture while moving. This ensures that your precious, solid wood piano does not get any scratches or nicks while the moving process. Also, make sure that your furniture does not scratch your walls or moulding during turning those tight corners.
- Heavy dolly and Piano board: – While shifting a hand truck is sufficient for most of the household items you need heavy-weight furniture to carry your piano. Especially for baby grand and grand pianos a skid board must be required. While a professional proponent specializing in piano should have a piano skid board, if you are moving the piano yourself, you can get one on your own.
- Furniture straps: – Straps are necessary for securing the piano to the dolly during moving it in and out of the container or truck, as well as while transport. By using straps, remember to place blankets between the piano and the straps to avoid friction on the wood surface during transport. A piano must be double or triple-strapped to make sure that it stays in place during transport. Using PODS, our containers are equipped with tie-down rings to secure the strap and ropes.
- Shoulder harness or belt: – This strap system allows movers to properly use their shoulders and legs to move heavy objects such as a piano. This will not increase the amount of weight you carry but also prevent injuries from improper lifting.
- Piano slippers: -Piano slippers play an important role in the Piano moving process. While moving a grand piano then you must wear piano slippers as it is a flat slipper and also helps you to maintain proper balance and prevents falls on the floor during moving.
- Used Plywood: – Our staff move your piano in a portable container such as PODS, we recommend placing a sheet of plywood under the piano to help distribute the weight in the container.
Basic information on moving different types of pianos
How to Move a Grand Piano?
There are so many ways to move a grand piano. This is one of the ways to do it safely and with great efficiency. Here are some steps are given below to go through-
- Close the keyboard cover by filling the tissue paper at each end.
- If possible, remove the keyboard cover and wrap it in a soft cloth for extra protection.
- With extra care take out the lid hinge pin and then unwind the screws on the plate that holds the pins.
- When nothing is left on the lid, carry it safely without rubbing, glide it smoothly taking care of the instrumental part of the piano. Place it aside and wrap it carefully to protect it from scratches and jerks during transportation.
- After placing the lid on anything, lift it from the piano, without moving it or rubbing it against the instrument. Set it aside and wrap it carefully to protect it from scratches during transport.
- Find out which piano leg is labelled as number 1and remove it. Place gently the piano so that its board cover rests on a thick and soft tissue that was previously placed on the floor at the side of leg 1.
- Hold it in this position, while removing another leg from the grand piano.
- Keep all three legs apart.
- Cover the entire piano with a blanket
- Proceed with loading the piano into the truck or van. If the instrument is on the upper floor of the property and there is an elevator, which is large enough, you can use it. Otherwise, at least 3 movers would be required to carry the piano down the stairs.
- Before placing the piano on top put moving blankets on the floor of the van’s boot
How to Move a Baby Grand Piano?
- Just follow the same procedure as for the standard grand pianos.
- The only difference is that the baby grand piano is smaller in size as compared to grand pianos.
- While moving baby Grand Piano you may not need a third person for the job.
- Still, if the layout of the property makes the moving task complex, then find two or three more people to get the job done. Protection is better than destruction when it comes to moving such an expensive musical instrument.
How to Move a Piano on a Carpet?
Having a carpet under the piano makes things a lot more complicated. It’s obvious to cause damage to the instrument if you try any wrong moving techniques. The piano’s legs are designed to lift and hold its heavyweight. If a piano does not have wheels, it does not mean to be moved without being dismantled first. Pushing a piano onto a carpeted floor will cause the legs to snap from the extreme weight of the instrument and the surface abrasion of the carpet. This is why we strongly advise you not to move your piano without improper knowledge. Here are given below some suggestions you must follow:
- Find a piece of flat plywood that is placed under the piano so that all 3 legs can step on it.
- Ask someone for help – As many people as you need. This will depend on the size of the piano but you will need at least 3 people.
- Uplift the legs one by one and carefully slide the plywood under each leg of the piano. Once all the legs are on the plywood, ask your helpers to apply some pulling force to the piano, so that they can lift a portion of its weight.
- Push the piano towards the direction you want to move it. You will feel it much lighter due to the manpower used to lift most of the load.
- Take a break when the distance is long, do not attempt to move the piano at once. After all, you might get hurt while moving the piano in one go.
- Once the piano reaches its exact location, remove the plywood from under each leg. Do this by applying a similar technique as if you had put the piano on top of the plywood.
How to Move a Piano on Hardwood Floors smoothly?
- To move a piano on a hardwood floor, you can use the same technique as you above discussed. Still, there are some additional suggestions we want to share that will make the process smooth and easier.
- Lock and close the lid of the piano. It should remain closed while you move and tilt the musical instrument.
- Check the legs of the piano for any damage or distortion. If you notice any signs of cracks or wear, be very cautious while moving the musical instrument.
- Get help from professional movers if the legs are badly damaged. You can also consider a restoration process, but if it is in really bad condition, do not risk move it.
- To reduce piano weight during transportation, dismantle any non-essential parts of the piano.
- Also, reduce surface friction by measuring hardwood floors, firstly, to make it more slippery.
- This will help you slide the plywood sheet using less force.
How to Move a Piano Up a Ramp?
Using a piano trolley to move the piano is one of the best possible solutions to accomplish this tedious task. Mostly, the movers placed the piano on the dolly before getting it onto the ramp. To make the process easier for you, there are some quick steps to follow:
- If you need to move the piano downwards, use a metal ladder ramp.
- Before you do anything else, prepare the van’s loading ramp.
- While moving always to take care of the rest of the ramps that will be needed for the piano’s loading process.
- To move the dolly downwards with the help of ramps, you will need two people on the front and behind the dolly.
- This way, you’ll make sure that the musical instrument is moved carefully and gets down intact.
Frequently Asked Questions about the Piano Movers in Perth
When choosing the best and reliable piano mover, can be a stressful process. As Experienced Piano Movers Like Us Piano Movers Perth | PR Removal, we understand the importance of keeping your piano safe during your move. Therefore, we have outlined some frequently asked questions to help you understand what is involved in moving your piano.
It is always necessary that you provide the prospective piano mover with all the important information asked relative to your piano so that you can get an accurate quote, and do not end up with additional, unexpected, moving charges or delayed piano moves.
- How will you move my piano?
PR Removals | Piano Movers Perth used updated equipment combined with knowledge and experience for the specific piano to be moved. Usually, it takes 2-3 people to move a piano with the proper equipment. This number can vary and will be based on the complexity of the move. Your piano mover should have the appropriate piano moving equipment such as a moving pad, skid, sling, shrink wrap, and ramp. In some situations, it will require 2 or 3 people. Once your piano has been assessed, it will then be properly wrapped and safely secured onto the truck or van for transport to the exact location. We take guarantee to ensure that your move is successful.
- Do I need a professional piano mover?
Hiring a professional piano mover is important when making a decision of moving from one place to another. The weight of a piano can range from 400 to 1200 pounds depending on the unit. If one does not have the right equipment and is not skilled in moving pianos, it can cause major property damage as well as serious damage. You must hire a professional just like PR Removals| Piano Movers Perth who are required to handle pianos of all types with special skill and technique.
- Should my piano be tuned after the complete move?
Moving your piano does not affect the tuning of your piano. Although temperature, humidity and room size can affect the sound. We suggest that you tune your piano after staying in your new place for 3 to 5 weeks.
- How much does it cost to move a piano?
The cost to move a piano is depending on several factors such as the size of the piano, how far we are transporting it, and the difficulty of the move, tight turns, etc.
- Is a storage facility available?
We have long term and short-term storage facilities and provide a safe climate-controlled storage facility. Our storage rate depends upon different types of pianos such as upright, and grand piano and so on., prorated on a monthly basis. The more information you can provide us before the move, the more accurate we can do with the estimate. For example, it helps to know if the stairs are included in the move, how accessible the parking is, and any other factors that may require additional care and time for the move.
- Are all Piano Movers Insured?
No, make sure that the piano mover you hire is licensed, bonded and insured. Your piano mover must be registered with the Department of Removal and Storage. PR Removals Piano Moving & Storage is licensed, bonded and insured, along with being registered with the Australia Department of Removal and Storage.
- How much notice should I give to a Piano Mover?
It is usually a good idea to give between 1- 4-day notice to ensure your piano moves. This will also depend on how quickly you need to move your piano, as well as where it is being moved. As soon as you can give notice, it is always best. Generally, if you need your piano moved on a specific day, you should book the piano movers well in advance to make sure it’s available to you.
Book your house move at 0452218700
Want to know our prices – CLICK HERE
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
Excellent service, and Great team work. Finished off the job in 3 hours including travel, loading and unloading from a 2 storey house. Thanks guys.
I would have no problems recommending this company to anyone who is moving house. The two very nice men who attended, on time, reasonably priced and the job done in a timely manner, also the cost was great too. Thank you for making this easy for me.
Great, friendly service!
Would highly recommend these guys. We had other company booked to move us and they called last minute saying they were unable to come. I called RV removals and not only did they manage to fit us in last minute but they came at the end of the day and they were cheaper! Great, friendly service!
Highly recommend for an efficient move
These guys were very efficient, loaded items carefully and had everything at our new place quickly. The pickup was a bit delayed, but well communicated which I appreciate. Highly recommend for an efficient move, and very well priced. Thanks!
These blokes managed to jam an entire house worth of stuff into two tiny storage units, like some kind of tetris inspired removalist wizards. And lifted a huge evaporator cooler over a fence. And they were cheap.
Very satisfied with the service provided. The guys who attended to the home were very nice. All items were taken care off and nothing broke. Richard who quoted the job was very professional. Thanks