BEST HOUSE MOVERS IN MELBOURNE
Moving and shifting have now become an essential part of our life. For improvement in life and career, people now don’t hesitate in changing their locations. Whether the move is within the city premises or one is getting a great opportunity abroad. People nowadays are deciding to move to a new place without any hesitation. There is no doubt that the difficulties in the moving process are still the same as they used to be earlier. But there are some things and changes that have improved the process easy and provided comfort for the people in taking the decision. A house move is one of the most common types of moving and probably the one that everyone does at least once in his lifetime.
The shifting of household goods from a place to another is termed household moving. The difficulty level in a move depends on the things that are included in the move. Household shifting of goods is difficult as one is supposed to carry all the different and complex items of the house at a time and land it safely at the next destination too. Whether it’s the local moving of household goods or long-distance household goods relocation; the difficulties in both are the same because there are different types and categories of items included in the move that makes it so.
PR Removals provides the best service of house movers in Melbourne. All our House Packing Specialists will go to their respective house a day before Moving; we’ll move all your items to either your storage or into our storage. All our Furniture Removalists in Melbourne are well trained within the industry and we will provide you with additional support to disassemble and reassemble your belongings. We carry our tools & equipment and take that extra care to your furniture that requires little extra care. Our House Packers brings all your packaging needs so the job can be easily and efficiently done. If you think your House Relocation is a nightmare then feel free to ask questions that will make your House Move in Melbourne a better experience. With our best house movers in Melbourne, your relocation is done smoothly and hassle-free.
HOW TO PACK FOR THE HOUSE MOVE?
- Begin packing well in advance The average time we take to pack all of your belongings depends mainly on their number. However, in our experience with packing tips, we state that you should start the process earlier than most people think. For a big house, two months will be enough if you pack one box a day. For smaller homes, one month should be enough. Of course, there is not an exact number of days, but you get the idea.
- Start with rooms and belongings you use less often For example, you can first tackle the rooms on the highest floor, especially if you have an apartment, and then, little by little, move your way towards the bottom floors. Seasonal items you are currently not using such as garden tools, coats, and Christmas lights are perfect examples of things you can pack before you handle everything else. Sorting through already packed items makes it easier to set aside the boxes you are taking with you and those, which you would like to donate or give away.
- Declutter and donate Speaking of belongings, you don’t want to take with you, hold a garage sale or give your old unwanted belongings to charity. If you have friends helping you with your relocation, ask them whether they require anything that you’re planning to sell. After all, you are not paying them and they should get something for all their troubles.
- Make a detailed inventory list Making an inventory list is extremely helpful if you have large collections of books, CDs, trinkets, etc. It is okay if you write just “Books” on the labels of your moving boxes. However, if you have a specialized literature collection, which is not kept in a single room, we suggest typing out detailed inventory lists. That way you can upload the spreadsheets on your phone, while you print out and paste copies to each box.
- Pack one room at a time This is one of the most essential packing tips which for some reason often gets neglected. There is a debate whether storing your belongings by room or by category is better. It mainly depends on what is easier for you. However, we suggest packing your items in rooms. Doing this will help you stay organized and will later tell the movers, or anyone unloading, which moving box goes where. Moreover, you can begin unloading and unpacking your belongings in reverse – from the top to the ground floor. Begin with the things you know won’t require any unpacking, then move the remaining boxes. This will also prevent unnecessary strain on your muscles as by the end of the moving process you will probably be too tired to climb stairs with even more belongings.
- Use plastic bags for spillable items When it comes to packing toiletries and detergents, it is best to reduce the number of liquid items you wish to take by packing only essentials. Select a well-built box and some plastic bags. Take the bottles and unscrew the caps. Then, place a plastic bag over the neck of each bottle and screw the caps back on. Ideally, you should be able to fit the entire bottle into the plastic bag. Zip the bag and sealed it with scotch packing tape. In this way, if your bottle opens accidentally, its contents would remain in the plastic bag.
- Put heavier boxes on the bottom By putting your heavy or bulky boxes on the bottom of the lighter boxes, you make sure that no breakable items will get crushed during the move. This comes of great use when packing books in moving boxes or when loading furniture in solid containers and inside vehicles.
- Set aside boxes for your essential items One of the most essential moving tips you will ever come across. The box of essentials should contain belongings you will require right after your move is over. It is essential to take into account any other outside factors which may affect what you pack into your essentials box. Depending on weather conditions and the location of your new house, you might require to include more belongings than you think. For example, if you are moving house during winter, you will have to pack extra scarves, hats, and gloves etc.
Common types of packing materials used by house movers in Melbourne
- Bubble Wrap Bubble wrap is a particular packaging material in sheets that has small air cushions which are designed to secure your breakable items. It’s common to wrap things such as glass so things don’t break during transit. Not only is it fairly inexpensive, but our movers can also use it in many ways when you are relocating from one location to another. House movers in Melbourne wrap fragile items with bubble wrap to add a level of safety during the moving process.
- Cardboard boxes Cardboard boxes are one of the most essential items that you will require during your house move. Our movers will gather a variety of different sizes of moving boxes and make sure that they are in good condition. Our movers reserve smaller boxes for bulky items like books and larger boxes for light-weight items like pillows/bedding. While it is more cost-effective to try and reuse moving boxes.
- Packing tape Many people are tempted to choose the cheapest option when choosing packing tape. However, our movers suggest that spending a little more on quality heavy-duty tape. The cheaper tape is usually thinner which is more liable to breaking and does not have the same sticking power as heavy-duty tape. This could be disastrous for your items if a box becomes untapped during transit.
- Moving Blankets PR removals will have specialized moving blankets. With this option you know you are getting a thick blanket that can also be used inside the moving truck. The softness of cotton will protect even the most fragile items and generally come in many sizes to fit all your different types of furniture. However, any thick blanket that you own will be just as effective for larger household things.
- Packing paper Packing paper is soft and smooth and provides excellent security or protection to glass surfaces and fragile items. In addition to wrapping items, it can also be used to make cushioning layers between the belongings in a box. Or can be crumpled and pushed in the empty spaces in a moving container to prevent shifting during transit.
- Packing peanuts Packing peanuts can provide excellent padding and protection even to very delicate belongings, such as artwork and sensitive electronics. Our movers cover the bottom of a box with a layer of peanuts, place your safely wrapped belongings inside, and add another layer over it. Shake the box to let the peanuts fill in any gaps and top off the moving container with packing peanuts before sealing it. Keep in mind though that Styrofoam peanuts are not environment-friendly and are quite tough to clean up and dispose of. On the other hand, starch peanuts are eco-friendly but they are more expensive.
FACTORS AFFECTING THE COST OF THE HOUSE MOVERS IN MELBOURNE
No matter how well prepared you are, moving house can be one of life’s stressful or hectic events. It is often a costly process both emotionally and financially.
Here are 5 common factors to consider when calculating the cost of moving house.
- The distance of the Move Distance is the most important factor that determines the moving cost. A move across the street is less costly than a move across town. Likewise, a move between the two states has increased the moving costs. If possible, map out a route in advance. If you are new to the area, movers can help you to decide the best course of action. They can find out which areas may have more traffic and might be longer. Avoiding a longer route means less cost because the movers spend less time on the road. This will also help decrease the possibility that your valuable belongings might get damaged.
- Number and nature of belongings to be moved The moving costs incurred for a 1-bedroom apartment move compared to those of a 4-bedroom family house, are going to be extremely different. The type of belongings being moved also plays an important factor. Moving a piano, for example, will need a specialized tool and extra removal staff which may add to the overall cost. It is always advisable to get a fixed quote before any moving work is carried out so you don’t get any unpleasant surprises.
- Hiring movers Packing up items in your home can need a lot of planning. Many people hire movers for help. A mover can offer packing supplies for sale such as boxes, packing tape and dollies that can be used to bring things up the stairs. However, such packing supplies can be costly. A mover can help in making sure that heavy items such as a grand piano are fully protected in their truck during the move. Keep in mind that such costs increase your total moving cost. Ask for a price list of packing supplies and packing before hiring a mover.
- The time of your move The time when you are moving affects the cost of relocation. Moving company costs are usually higher during the summer months than in the winter months. So, you can expect to pay more during the summer and spring months than during winter. Don’t forget that moving costs are higher on the first and last days of the month and national holidays because several people relocate during that time due to rental agreements and job considerations. You can avoid the peak seasons when relocating if you want to save on moving costs.
- Required moving services The moving services you require play an essential role in influencing the final moving cost. Movers who handle all areas of the relocation process tend to charge higher fees than those who offer specific services. The total relocation costs will be high if you want the moving company to pack, load, transport, unload and unpack your belongings to your new house. However, you can reduce relocation costs if you decide to do some tasks on your own so that you pay a mover to transport, unload or unpack the belongings. Storage services also affect your total relocation cost.
TIPS FOR MOVING HOUSE WITH KIDS
Moving house with your kids can be the most stressful or hectic experience of your life. Our house movers in Melbourne provide professional movers who can make everything easy or hassle-free because we are doing it for many years. Remember, each child has a different mentality. You have to inform your child about the house moving as soon as possible instead of keeping secrets.
Every kid is different and adjusts at his/her own pace. For this reason, understand the feelings of your kids. For your help, our expert’s house movers in Melbourne have prepared a list of the top ten tips to relocate your house with kids. By following this list, you can avoid any possible problems.
- Proper planning People often underestimate the complexities of moving tasks with or without children. You must have some overlap time to reduce urgency and stress. Remember that extra time is important to manage the cleaning and packing service. Moreover, you have to deal with many other tasks, including disassembling furniture.
- Get help from family and friends You may ask for help from your friends and family members. If you are preparing for moving, your friends and family members can help in taking care of your child. Any assistance will prove helpful for complex changes. In the absence of friends and family, you can hire a babysitter for taking care of your child.
- Must-have boxes You should pack one or two separate bags of essential items, such as snacks, books, lunch boxes, towels, toys and toothbrushes etc. In these bags, you can pack necessities for 1 to 2 weeks. The boxes must have toilet paper rolls, light bulbs and other important things.
- Involve kids in the moving process Your children will feel nervous at the time of moving. Try to involve them in the relocation process to give them the feeling of ownership and control. Our house movers in Melbourne can help you to manage kids because they will deal with packing and other moving-related tasks.
- Convert the relocation task into an adventure Drive to your new house with children to increase their excitement. Let them explore new shops, parks, playgrounds and a new neighbourhood. It will help you to create a positive feeling among your children about moving.
- Prepare your children for the relocation Talk about the new house and upcoming changes with your child. It will help you to prepare them for this big change of moving house. You can share some entertaining stories about moving with children to make them excited.
- Recycling and charities Downsizing and relocating is an excellent opportunity to give your support to local authorities. You can donate undesired or extra belongings to them. It will help you to teach the value of recycling and supporting charitable organizations to your kids.
- Plenty of breaks After moving, you will require a break to make sure that everyone is settled in a new house. Spend more time with your kids to have a meal or snack. Undoubtedly, Moving is a tiring job, and it may drain your body. To maintain endurance and energy levels, you will require frequent breaks.
- Don’t worry about unpacking After getting possession of your new house, you will find it essential to set up everything perfectly. Remember, unpacking may take many days. You have to focus on your health and other necessary tasks. Children must have access to their beds, favorite toys and other essentials.
- Handy nightlight To settle your kids in your new house, you will require dim nightlights. You should keep this item in your must-have moving box.
House movers in Melbourne offer their services to make moving easy. No doubt, moving house with kids is difficult, but we will help you in this challenging period. If you want to make moving fun, contact us.
WHY CHOOSE OUR HOUSE MOVERS IN MELBOURNE?
House movers in Melbourne give you an easy time as you move. We have the skills and expertise to make sure that you have a smooth transfer. Getting a free estimate helps you to know which package you are purchasing.
Our professional movers are trained to ensure that your items are handled with care to avoid any damages. Choosing our moving company PR Removals ensures that you arrive at your new house in time, so you get time to settle down. Some reasons to hire our professional house movers in Melbourne include:
- Ease your mind Having our professional movers by your side gives you an easy time for navigating all the details about your relocation. Our professional movers have the skills and expertise to ensure that you have an easy time moving furniture and electronics. With a trained and certified moving team like us, the safety of your items is guaranteed.
- Save money At first, it might not seem like it, but hiring the services of PR Removals help you to save money. Our movers get all the tools and equipment at your disposal, saving you from making purchases because of the move. Our professional moving company will also provide you with a moving truck able to accommodate all your items. The packages provided have a competitive price that allows you to choose the one you can afford.
- Reliability You are better off hiring our professional movers rather than looking to get help from friends and family. As opposed to friends and family, our professional moving teams have trained to make sure that you have a smooth and stress-free relocation.
- Save time The main concern for most people who are organizing a moving is that they’ll get to their new home in time to settle down. The punctuality and teamwork of our professional moving company offer a guarantee that you will get to your new house on time. You will get help in loading and unloading your items from our professional movers.
- Accountability When it comes to moving your house, you are required to make sure that you choose a company that is insured so that you get compensated in case of any loss or damages. PR Removals provide you with well-insured services. A well-reputed moving company like PR Removals will ensure all your delicate items are handled with care to avoid any damage.
- Efficiency Relocating to a new home means heavy lifting and packing of bulky items. Hiring our professional moving company means you don’t have to deal with heavy or bulky lifting and the stress of figuring out what goes into which moving box. PR Removal’s efficient house movers team has the experience and skills to ensure your items are packed correctly.
- Safety Above all else, make sure that you hire a company that guarantees your safety and that of your property. PR Removals provide you with professional truck drivers who make sure that all traffic rules and regulations are followed properly.
- Professionalism Our trained and certified movers will treat you with the respect you deserve. When you make advanced bookings, our excellent customer support team will instantly confirm your booking and provide you with all the necessary information.
- Pre-move survey PR Removals offer a free removal assessment to enable us to provide you with an accurate, fixed price or hourly rate quote for your removal services. We can also arrange to visit your place at a time which is convenient for you. After getting the idea about the prerequisites, our movers assume and finalize the quotes. The pre-move assessment helps clear many doubts about both the movers and customers. Everything happens with a pre-determined approach of being transparent and fair to our customers throughout the relocating journey.
Having been in the removals industry for so long we have built many moving clients. We are constantly working for our clients and ensure they are getting what they require and are not feeling disappointed eventually. Our happy customers are the live evidence of our services. A successful track record has made us become the right and the best choice for the customers looking for house movers in Melbourne. We believe in setting long term relationships with our clients. That is why we have been long served in the removal industry.
FAQs ABOUT OUR HOUSE MOVING SERVICES IN AUSTRALIA
- How can I recognize a fraud removal company to prevent moving scam? Moving scam or fraud done by dishonest packers and movers is a rare incidence. There are fewer cases of fraud done by moving companies. But you cannot completely ignore the existence of dishonest moving companies. Generally, they attract innocent customers by offering the lowest price estimates and later demand for more money before making the delivery of items. You must not get trapped in such a fraud service provider scam. There are certain ways through which you can detect a fraud moving company and protect yourself from getting scammed. The most essential thing you require to do is verifying the genuineness, authenticity and credibility of packers and movers.
Visit their offices personally for the same. Ask your movers and packers about their reputation, experience, and genuineness very frankly. Don’t hesitate at all. Ask them to show you their company registration certificate, license certificate and other documents that may prove them to be legal moving service providers.
- Do I need a survey appointment at my house? Normally, yes. This doesn’t mean our movers have to visit though, we can carry out surveys by video call using Facebook or WhatsApp. Either way, our mover’s team wants to better understand your requirements and circumstances to come up with a moving schedule that’s just right for you. The survey allows us to see not just what is being moved (so we can calculate the volume of your items), but also check things like the access for removal lorries, staircases or tight corners that may prove to be complex.
Our removal experts carry out many surveys every year and quote for their removals. They have got the knowledge and experience to not only provide a comprehensive price based on your requirements but also offer advice and tips to help you have the best house move possible.
- Do we have to empty our frozen food from the freezer at the time of our move, or will the removals company be happy to move it? If you are relocating locally, frozen foodstuff can be okay to stay in the freezer for approximately 4 hours, so our removals team should have no problem relocating it. Ensure the movers know about it and the freezer is one of the last items that is loaded on to the removal truck so it can be offloaded first. Caution: make sure to give less than an hour gap (refer to the manufacturer directives before being on the safe side) before turning it on at the destination address as the gas and oil require to settle down. However, if you are relocating to a long-distance or you have a big fridge freezer which is heavy and bulky itself to carry it, then we suggest no frozen food kept in it.
- I assume this move is going to be quite expensive, is there any way of saving costs? Firstly, it is easy to presume that because PR Removals have been around for a while and that we offer the main service that we are expensive. NO! PR Removal has succeeded for the past many years because we have never been too expensive. We understand the financial burden a relocation can make, so our prices reflect some of the most competitive on the market. Secondly, yes, there are always different ways to do any job which can affect the price. Simply, your quote will be tailored to your requirements. Besides, if you can be flexible about your relocating dates and do not mind group moves, we can often arrange to share a long journey Move, and therefore decrease costs.
Book your house move at 0452218700
Want to know our prices – CLICK HERE
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS SAY
Excellent service, and Great team work. Finished off the job in 3 hours including travel, loading and unloading from a 2 storey house. Thanks guys.
I would have no problems recommending this company to anyone who is moving house. The two very nice men who attended, on time, reasonably priced and the job done in a timely manner, also the cost was great too. Thank you for making this easy for me.
Great, friendly service!
Would highly recommend these guys. We had other company booked to move us and they called last minute saying they were unable to come. I called RV removals and not only did they manage to fit us in last minute but they came at the end of the day and they were cheaper! Great, friendly service!
Highly recommend for an efficient move
These guys were very efficient, loaded items carefully and had everything at our new place quickly. The pickup was a bit delayed, but well communicated which I appreciate. Highly recommend for an efficient move, and very well priced. Thanks!
These blokes managed to jam an entire house worth of stuff into two tiny storage units, like some kind of tetris inspired removalist wizards. And lifted a huge evaporator cooler over a fence. And they were cheap.
Very satisfied with the service provided. The guys who attended to the home were very nice. All items were taken care off and nothing broke. Richard who quoted the job was very professional. Thanks